Friday 6 July 2012

Close to My Heart

I came across this appeal While searching for a knitting pattern  from a Dogs home online... Thought it may be of some interest to some of you.. Even if its just passed on to people you know that knit!!

As many of you know ALL Animals are close to my heart Particularly Dogs..and Birds.. All my dogs Ive ever had are Rescue dogs And have given me Years of comfort and friendship.. They became part of my Family.. I have downloaded my free  pattern...Needles at the ready to start tonight!!..

 www.battersea.org.uk/blanket Copy this and put in your Browser to get the pattern... 


Knit comfort for foster dogs

Get your needles out to help some of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s most sensitive residents. The charity is asking knitters to create patchwork security blankets for dogs in foster care; many dogs stay in foster care as they find the kennel environment too stressful or are recovering from illness. The blankets are part of a goody bag given to foster parents that also includes food, bedding and toys. The Battersea blanket has been designed by Lauren O’Farrell from Stitch London, and can be downloaded for free from www.battersea.org.uk/blanket. You can drop off your blankets at any of Battersea’s three sites, or send them by post to: Dog Blanket Appeal, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home,
4 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4AA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by.. Your comments are always welcome... Hope to hear from you again soon......